Golden Oreo Cookie Truffles

Need a sensational last minute dessert in a flash? Well step right up - these truffles are ready in just minutes - with only FOUR ingredients! 

Here's how these truffles came to be: I placed my Beef Chili Shooters in the oven and realized I had 15 minutes to spare. I thought, "I have 15 minutes - I can make dessert!" I scouted my pantry for inspiration. I found 1/2 bag of Golden Oreo cookies (15 cookies to be exact), semisweet chocolate chips and coconut oil. I checked the fridge and, YES, I had a little heavy cream leftover from a previous recipe. I instantly thought of cookie-based truffles (I made Oreo Cookie Pops once before and they were devoured in minutes). 


In just 5 minutes I had the dough in the freezer chilling. A quick dunk in the melted chocolate and they were back in the freezer for another 5 minutes. I truly can't think of anything easier! 

I hope you love these as much as we did...

Golden Oreo Cookie Truffles

15 Double Stuff Golden Oreos 

1/4 cup heavy cream
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon coconut oil or vegetable oil

Place the Oreos in a food processor and process until finely ground. Add the cream and process until the mixture comes together. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes or freeze for 5 minutes (the dough will chill enough so you can shape it into balls with ease). 

Shape the Oreo mixture into 16 balls and place the balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Place the baking sheet back in the refrigerator or freezer while you melt the chocolate. 
Melt the chocolate in a small bowl, in the microwave, checking and stirring every 20 to 30 seconds. Stir in the oil. 
Dunk the Oreo balls into the melted chocolate, coating one half. Return the balls to the parchment paper. Drizzle the remaining chocolate over the balls (I think it's easiest to use a skewer or wooden pick to drizzle). 
Return the baking sheet to the refrigerator or freezer and chill until the chocolate hardens (10 minutes in the fridge, 5 minutes in the freezer). 
Store leftover truffles in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.

Makes 16 truffles 

Comments