Oreo Stuffed Blondies

I know, right? These are insane! I made these decadent squares because My Dark Chocolate Chip Blondies were such a hit. But I have a problem making the same recipe twice. Character flaw I guess (or not). That being said, I needed to come up with a twist, something that would WOW my friends and family! The batter stayed pretty much the same (I just made more of it) and then I nestled chocolate sandwich cookies in the middle! Think about all the possibilities you have here - you could put any kind of cookie or candy in that middle layer! Have some fun with these.

Great for parties: I made these for the end-of-season track party, so consider them for your next party where you need lots of goodies for a crowd. You'll make the masses happy.

About the cookies: I had a full box of Back to Nature cookies in my pantry so I used those. I had 1/2 package of Oreos!!

Oreo Stuffed Blondies 

Cooking spray
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, melted
2 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
24 chocolate sandwich cookies (or any cookie!)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter and brown sugar. Whisk in the eggs and vanilla. Fold in the flour mixture.
Spoon a little less than half of the batter into the bottom of the prepared pan and smooth the surface (the reason behind spooning a "little less than half" is because the batter will slide in between the cookies, so you need a little more of it for the top layer.
Arrange the cookies on top, like this:
Spoon the remaining batter over top and smooth the surface.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean or with little bits of blondie clinging to it.
Cool before cutting into squares.

Makes 28 squares




Comments