Nutella Filled Vanilla Muffins

Beyond scrumptious - you will adore these amazing muffins! Rich vanilla muffins with a super moist crumb, filled with dreamy chocolate-hazelnut spread. I mean, c'mon... that's friggin' awesome! Even better news? You need a handful of ingredients and about 30 minutes!

There are so many great qualities in these muffins! I want to dive into all of them, but I'll spare you my gushing and stick to the most important accolades. First, as I mentioned, you need very few ingredients (8 to be exact, not including salt), and most are probably already in your kitchen. Second, this muffin batter is about as versatile as you can get. I decided to fill the muffins with Nutella, but I could have easily swapped in peanut butter and jelly (I considered it, trust me). Or a fresh strawberry. Or a Hershey's Kiss. See what I mean? Endless opportunities. The flavor in the batter can be altered too. I used vanilla extract, but you could use almond. Or add lemon or orange zest. One simple batter, with countless possibilities.
I realize I called these "Nutella" filled muffins, but any hazelnut spread works. Use your favorite brand and fill these babies up! And, as I mentioned above, you can fill these muffins with practically anything! Have fun and let me know what you try! Even if it's Spam... LOL~ 

Nutella Filled Vanilla Muffins

2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup Greek yogurt or yogurt of choice
3/4 cup Nutella or hazelnut spread of choice

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners or coat with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
In a mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until blended, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Beat in the vanilla.
Beat in half of the flour mixture. Beat in all of the yogurt. Beat in the remaining flour mixture and mix until blended and smooth.
Spoon 2 tablespoons of the batter into each muffin cup. Spoon 1 teaspoon of Nutella in the center of each muffin. Top the Nutella with the remaining batter, about 1 heaping tablespoon of batter per muffin (make sure the Nutella is concealed under the batter).  
Bake for 17 to 20 minutes, until a wooden pick comes out clean or with little moist bits clinging to it. Cool the muffins, in the pan, on a wire rack. Store leftovers in an airtight container. 
Makes 12 muffins

Comments