Roasted Garlic Parmesan Snap Peas

OMG yum! Tender sugar snap peas, perfectly sweet, and delightfully crisp, with the most magical crunch of toasted garlic and parmesan. One sheet pan and ready in 15 minutes!

As you probably know, I'm a huge fan of roasting vegetables. I'm in love with the process for a few reasons, but it's the caramelization that rocks my world. The vegetables become golden and crisp on the outside (as their sugars cook), while the inside stays genuinely tender. I also love that it' a sheet-pan dish, leaving little cleanup when roasting is complete.

I'm no stranger to roasting asparagus, green beans, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, and broccoli rabe, but I seem to forget about super sweet sugar snap peas! I'm so glad they called out to me today!

About the garlic: I used dried minced garlic - the kind sold in the spice aisle - because I wanted to roast the garlic right along with the snap peas. Minced garlic is actually smoother and more mellow than fresh. Plus, fresh garlic has a tendency to burn when cooked on a baking sheet like this. And nobody likes the taste, or smell, of scorched garlic.

Roasted Garlic Parmesan Snap Peas

3 cups sugar snap peas, rinsed well and patted dry
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon dried minced garlic
Salt and ground black pepper

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
In a large bowl, combine the snap peas, oil, parmesan, and garlic. Toss to combine.
Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan and spread out in an even layer. Season with salt and pepper.
Roast for 15 minutes, until the snap peas are golden brown and tender.
Serves 4



Comments