4 Ingredient Dairy-Free Chocolate Pudding (with Avocado)!

Stop the internet! This is the BEST damn pudding you have ever put to your lips. And (no joke), it's dairy-free, gluten-free, vegan, sugar-free, quick, easy, and (what?!) healthy! It melts in your mouth. Like butter. But there's no butter. Or milk. Or ANY dairy for that matter. Sweet avocado reigns supreme in creating this sinful-tasting-but-not-sinful-at-all pudding.

This was a total experiment too. I knew I could make avocado super creamy/dreamy just by pureeing it in my food processor... so I thought, "Why not sweeten things up a bit?" I added equal parts cocoa powder and maple syrup and created the most incredible, fudgy pudding on earth. Like pudding with DEPTH. Super buttery and sweet, but without butterfat and sugar. I also added vanilla, because I love vanilla. Truth is, vanilla and chocolate are copacetic, bringing out the best in each other. Like your best friend.
And look how creamy that pudding is!!! I mean, seriously? Why hasn't anyone done this before? Or maybe they have, I just haven't seen it. I'll take full credit until someone tells me otherwise.

About finding a ripe avocado: When you're shopping, select avocados that give-in slightly to the gentle press of your finger. You don't want them rock solid; AND you don't want to leave an indent. Somewhere in the middle is perfect. If you're unsure, buy 3 avocados (the recipe calls for 2) and save the extra for guacamole.

Back to the pudding...

You seriously need to try this one. Look how short the ingredient list and instructions are! And the payoff is huge. Like over-the-top huge. You'll want to keep a batch in your fridge AT ALL TIMES. When sweet cravings strike, pudding is there. Always there.

4 Ingredient Dairy-Free Chocolate Pudding (with Avocado)!

2 ripe avocados (I used Haas, from California)
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Pit the avocados and transfer all the flesh to a food processor. Add the remaining ingredients and process until smooth and creamy. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serves 4

Comments