Gluten-Free Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Equal parts chewy and crisp, these incredible cookies have the perfect balance of oats, chocolate and raisins, with hints of cinnamon and vanilla. No joke, these are THE MOST amazing oatmeal cookie (regular AND/OR gluten-free) you will ever try.

There I go, being all confident again. And I have that luxury because I made these, and I ate these, so I know. And, quite honestly, I was a little blown away by how fabulous they are. I've tried my share of gluten-free cookies and most of them lack that chewy/crisp quality. They bake up JUST crisp. Almost crumbly. Not these babies!

My trick for getting the right texture was to use the proper ratio of oats, oat flour, brown sugar, and eggs. Too much oat flour and the cookies would have been crumbly. Too little brown sugar, and they wouldn't have been chewy. To may eggs and they would be almost cake-like. Once I got that part figured out, I just needed to add the spreckles of raisins and chocolate, and hints of cinnamon and vanilla. I'm telling you - you will LOVE these. Even if you're not gluten-free.

Gluten-Free Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
3/4 cup oat flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup raisins
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, combine the oats, oat flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine.
In a mixing bowl, combine the butter and brown sugar. Mix on medium-high speed until blended and smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Beat in the vanilla.
Gradually beat in the oat mixture until blended. Fold in the raisins and chocolate chips.
Drop the batter by spoonfuls (or use a cookie scoop) onto the prepared pans, about 2 inches apart (they spread out a lot when they bake).
Bake for 8 minutes, until light golden brown.
Cool on wire racks.
Store leftovers in air airtight container.
Makes 24 cookies




Comments