S'Mores Egg Rolls

You don't need to adjust your screen. I did, in fact, make s'mores egg rolls. I put marshmallows and chocolate chips in egg roll wrappers, brushed them with butter, rolled them in crushed graham crackers, and baked them. So here's what you get - gooey marshmallows and melted semi-sweet chocolate, inside crisp, toasted graham cracker shells. It's pure heaven. No "thank you's" necessary; I'd do it again in a second.

Seriously, these are amazing! And a blast to serve to surprised faces. The truth about how they came about was simple - I had leftover egg roll wrappers from my Cheeseburger Ravioli. I also had a handful of marshmallows and about 5 graham crackers. I ALWAYS have semisweet chocolate chips, so that part was easy. Behold, the birth of a s'mores egg roll.

About my OCD: I shouldn't joke about OCD, but I wanted to highlight the fact that I counted how many chocolate chips went into each egg roll. I used exactly 12. Not 11 and not 13. Twelve was the perfect amount to balance the 2 marshmallows. Not 1 marshmallow, and not 3. Two marshmallows. Call me crazy, but at least I know it'll work for you now.

Want to prep ahead? Excellent idea - especially because these are great for a crowd or party. Assemble the egg rolls as instructed and cover them loosely with plastic wrap. They can sit at room temperature for up to 8 hours before baking. If you want to store them overnight (up to 24 hours), pop the baking sheet in the fridge.

S'Mores Egg Rolls

8 egg roll wrappers
8 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips (I counted and used 96 chocolate chips - 12 per egg roll)
12 marshmallows
1/3 cup crushed graham crackers
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
Arrange the egg roll wrappers on a flat surface (work about 4 at a time so they don't dry out; keep the remaining 4 in packaging). Place the chocolate chips (12 per wrapper) in the center of the bottom third of the wrapper, in a short line about the length of 2 marshmallows. Arrange 2 marshmallows on top of the chocolate chips. Fold over the closer corner to cover the filling, fold in the sides, then roll up almost all the way. Wet the top corner with water-moistened fingers and finish rolling up, sealing the egg roll.
Place the graham cracker crumbs in a shallow dish.
Brush the egg rolls with the melted butter and then roll them in the graham cracker crumbs.
Transfer the egg rolls to the prepared pan and bake for 6 to 8 minutes, until the egg rolls are golden brown (don't worry if some of the marshmallow oozes out - that's why we covered the pan). Cool slightly before serving (sticky melted marshmallow will burn your fingers and tongue!).
Makes 8 egg rolls

Comments