Chili Avocado Hummus


Meet your new guacamole! I'm blown away by the deliciousness of this hummus. It's creamy, smoky, garlicky, and downright addictive. The avocado adds a richness you simply don't find in traditional hummus. I could have eaten that entire bowl. I may have eaten 3/4 of it.

The inspiration for this hummus was pretty straightforward - I love hummus and I worship guacamole; so I decided to combine those flavors and textures into one sick dip. I'll probably never go back to regular hummus again. Seriously, this is THAT good. In fact, I'm not sure why I haven't tried this before, but I'm pretty darn thankful I did!

What I found really took the flavor over the top was the addition of chili powder. I just added a little (plus a sprinkling at the end for serving), but the smokiness perfectly complemented the avocado and garbanzo beans. And, in keeping with a Mexican-inspired recipe, I added white beans instead of tahini (sesame paste). The creamy beans added another layer of richness and created a dreamy-smooth dip. I'm serious, this will blow you away too. And, it's super easy.

Chili Avocado Hummus

1 ripe avocado, pitted and chopped (plus a second avocado if you want to use it as a garnish on top)
15-ounce can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
15-ounce can white beans, rinsed and drained
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon ground chili powder, plus more for sprinkling over top
Salt and ground black pepper

Place the avocado in a food processor and add the garbanzo beans, white beans, lime juice, garlic, and chili powder. Process until blended and smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer the hummus to a serving bowl and sprinkle the top with a little chili powder. If desired, top with a little more diced avocado. Serve with chips, vegetables, pita wedges, or crackers.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Serves 4-6


Comments