Pumpkin Chia Balls with Cranberries and Chocolate Chips

All the flavors of autumn in one powerful, delicious ball! Pumpkin, cranberries, chocolate, and cinnamon, the true essence of fall, rolled into balls with wholesome oats, creamy peanut butter and pure maple syrup. These protein-packed balls are sweet, chewy and undeniably nutritious. Oh, and those chia seeds - they add a delicate crunch and delightfully nutty flavor.

You know I love making balls, so I'll never run out of ideas for them. They make a great breakfast-on-the-go, midday snack, post-workout replenisher, and healthy, sweet dessert. Adults love them. Kids love them. Teens love them (I have proof - the entire cross country team gobbled them up). And, another truth - I actually slapped my ex's hand off them when he went back for seconds.

I don't know about you, but I like having a stash of recipes for sweet treats that are also HEALTHY. And EASY. And NO BAKE. I can serve these any time of day and feel good about it. I used a food processor to make quick work of getting ingredients together, but you could easily make these balls in a big bowl.

And, yes they're gluten-free. And vegan. And sweetened with maple syrup, so there's no refined sugar. The only fat comes from unsaturated nut butter and a handful of chocolate chips.

I hope you try these - they're wildly addictive and guilt-free (I heard that the term "guilt-free" is going out of style for 2019 so I'm using it as much as possible until then).

Pumpkin Chia Balls with Cranberries and Chocolate Chips

2 cups oats, regular or quick-cooking
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup peanut butter or any nut butter of choice
3 tablespoons chia seeds
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips

In a food processor, combine all the ingredients but the chocolate chips. Process until blended. Add the chocolate chips and process just until they're incorporated.
Roll the mixture into balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate until firm, about 15 minutes. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Makes 24 balls

Comments