Parmesan Herb Roasted Potato Wedges

Caution: highly addictive. Don't say I didn't warn you - this easy side dish is about as delicious as a potato side dish can get. Golden brown spuds brimming with all the flavor... parmesan, basil, oregano, parsley. Crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, and speckled with caramelized parmesan cheese. No doubt, this is the perfect side dish for practically anything. Remarkably simple too.

I'm not kidding. You could eat these crispy potato wedges for days. What's better than potatoes and cheese anyway? Roasted potatoes with cheese and herbs. Yeah, that's better. I'm pretty sure I was running my finger around the bottom of that bowl to get all the crispy potato specks. No, I'm 100% sure I did that.

About the potatoes: I used small red potatoes, and cut each one into 4 wedges. Quartered, as they say. I like "wedges" (over, say, rounds) because you get a nice ratio of crispy roasted potato exterior and creamy potato flesh. With "coins", it's just ALL crispy. You can also choose small white or gold potatoes - or a combination of potato varieties. There is no "wrong" potato here.

Parmesan Herb Roasted Potato Wedges

1 1/2 pounds small potatoes, red, gold or white (or a combination), scrubbed clean and cut into wedges
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
Salt and ground black pepper
Fresh parsley leaves for serving

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, parmesan cheese, oil, basil, and oregano. Toss to coat the potatoes.
Transfer the potatoes to the prepared pan and spread out in a single layer. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, until the potatoes are golden brown and tender (no need to stir them during cooking, I promise).
Garnish with parsley and serve.
Serves 4


Comments