Garlic and Herb Buttered Dinner Rolls

Transform store-bought dinner rolls into something worthy of your finest guests. A quick brush with herb- and garlic-infused butter and those dinner rolls have gone from ordinary to extraordinary!

This is no joke - you can totally take advantage of that fact that store-bought dinner rolls are awesome. They're soft, doughy and (at least for me), completely addictive. But you can make them BETTER. Something worthy of a dinner party. And all it takes is melted butter, garlic, oregano, and basil. The butter creates a golden brown crust and the garlic and herbs make the rolls fancy

You might think it's funny that I actually wrote a recipe for this. Maybe you've done this before. But I can tell you this - I write recipes for a living and I never thought to do it before today. I just wanted to jazz up dinner rolls to serve alongside my pasta casserole. The casserole was special, so I wanted to rolls to be equally endearing. A quick brush with butter and herbs - and a little garlic - and WOW, dinner rolls transformed. 

So, this is for those of you, like me, that haven't thought of this before. 

Garlic and Herb Buttered Dinner Rolls

1 package dinner rolls, 12 count (Hawaiian rolls work too)
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic or garlic powder

Preparation:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Place the rolls in a shallow baking dish and set aside.
Melt the butter in a small saucepan or in the microwave. When the butter is melted, whisk in the oregano, basil and garlic. Brush the mixture all over the rolls.
Bake for 5 to 10 minutes, until the rolls are warmed through.
Makes 12 rolls


Comments