Two Ingredient White Chocolate Mousse with Raspberry Jam

Creamy-smooth, white chocolate mousse with just 2 ingredients! Add a sweet layer of raspberry jam and you're just 3 ingredients away from a show-stopping dessert that's ready in less than 30 minutes! Elegant enough for entertaining, yet easy enough for a busy weeknight! Oh, and you can also make this with dark or milk chocolate...

Can you believe this mousse has just 2 ingredients? I was sort of experimenting when I made it, but I knew I couldn't go wrong with cream and chocolate - I combine the two all the time. I just typically combine cream and dark chocolate to make ganache. For this, I changed the ratio of cream to chocolate (and used white chocolate) so I could create a silky-smooth, egg-free mousse (eggs are fine, I just didn't feel like working that hard).

Although the mousse is FABULOUS on its own, I chose to layer it with raspberry jam for a splash of color and flavor. It's amazing. You can actually use any fruit preserve or jam you want - strawberry would be incredible too. Just use seedless.

And, I used raspberry jam THIS time, but I'll tell you something, I'm trying Nutella next time! How amazing would THAT be?

And here's a quick tip: For the fluffiest whipped cream, use a cold mixing bowl and cold whisk attachment (just pop them both in the fridge while you heat the cream and melt the chocolate).

Two Ingredient White Chocolate Mousse with Raspberry Jam

1 1/2 cups heavy cream, divided
12 ounces white chocolate, chopped or chips
1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam or preserves
Fresh raspberries, optional
Shaved or grated dark chocolate, optional

Heat 3/4 cup of the cream in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook until tiny bubbles appear around the edges, but don't bring the cream to a full boil. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the chocolate. Stir until the chocolate is completely melted. Cool to room temperature (about 10 to 15 minutes).
Place the remaining 3/4 cup of cream in a mixing bowl (see tip above) and beat with the whisk attachment until soft peaks form.
Fold half of the whipped cream into the cooled chocolate mixture. Fold in the remaining whipped cream. Don't worry if the mousse doesn't seem thick right away, the cold whipped cream will stiffen the melted chocolate-cream mixture.
Spoon half of the mousse into individual dessert bowls or glasses. Top with the raspberry jam. Top with the remaining mousse. Garnish with fresh raspberries and shaved chocolate if desired.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator.

Serves 4-6

Comments