Chicken Quesadillas for a Crowd

Cheesy, toasty triangles stuffed with loads of cheese, chicken and seasonings. Super easy, super customizable, and a great way to use up leftovers!

I actually DID make these quesadillas for a crowd! And because I had a bunch of hungry teenagers waiting for lunch, I whipped out my largest griddle and made them all at once! Those boys devoured every spec of these cheesy, toasty triangles in seconds!

Quesadillas are, quite possibly, one of my favorite foods to serve a group of people. I can customize fillings, make a big batch at once, AND clean out my refrigerator! For these, I grilled up some chicken (but gladly would have used leftover chicken or steak if I had any), and then finished off whatever cheeses I had. I also happened to have 1/2 bell pepper (that I quickly grilled alongside the chicken), 1/2 packet of taco seasoning, 1 scallion, and a small bunch of cilantro. I promise you this - not one single kid knew I was cleaning out my fridge to make these!

I used 10 tortillas for this recipe, but it's customizable to suit your needs. I figured each person would eat 2 folded tortillas (which, when cut, was 4 wedges), but you know your crowd/family better and you might eat less. I was feeding teenagers, so I probably could have cooked cup 20 tortillas (40 wedges) and they still would have been licking the platter clean. 

I also used a combination of cheeses because, as I mentioned, I ran out of ingredients along the way. Each tortilla had half Mexican cheese blend and half cheddar. When you assemble the quesadillas, you want cheese on both sides of the chicken so, as it melts, it holds the quesadilla together. You can use ALL Mexican cheese blend or a combination of other cheeses (especially the ones you're trying to get rid of!). I suggest using at least ONE gooey cheese so you get that amazing cheese "pull" when you take a bite (mozzarella, fontina and Swiss are great for that). 

Chicken Quesadillas for a Crowd

Cooking spray
10 small (fajita-size) flour tortillas 
1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
3 cups shredded cooked chicken (roasted, grilled, baked, or rotisserie)
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 tablespoons taco or fajita seasoning
For serving (all optional):
Cilantro leaves 
Chopped scallions 
Salsa 
Hot sauce 
Sour cream 
Avocado or guacamole

Coat a large electric or stovetop griddle with cooking spray and preheat to medium-high. Top one side of each tortilla with Mexican cheese blend. Top the cheese with the chicken, cheddar cheese and a sprinkling of the taco seasoning. Fold the tortillas over to cover the filling. 
Transfer the tortillas to the hot pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until browned and toasted, and the cheese melts. Cut each quesadilla in half and serve with desired toppings and sides. 
I served mine with cilantro and scallions sprinkled over top and salsa and hot sauce on the side. 
Serves 6-8

Comments