Banana-Cookie Butter Cups with Chocolate Chips

Just a handful of ingredients and you've got a stunning dessert! I wanted to surprise my boys with something fun for dessert... that's how this started. But it was dessert time, so I had to use what I had on hand - frozen mini fillo shells, cookie butter, bananas, and chocolate - BOOM! The Cookie Butter Cups were born! It was like an episode of Chopped... and I won in my boys' eyes. 

About cookie butter, and using nut butter: If you're not familiar with cookie butter, it's basically pulverized spice cookies with sugar and condensed milk. It has the consistency of a nut butter and it's wildly versatile! I love the way the spice cookie flavor partners with the banana and chocolate, but you can use peanut butter (or any nut butter for that matter) for an equally awesome experience.

About the ingredient list: You'll notice I didn't provide measurements for the ingredients below. No, I'm not lazy - it's just that these are super easy to assemble, so you can make 3 or 33.

Banana-Cookie Butter Cups with Chocolate Chips

Mini fillo shells
Cookie butter (1/2 teaspoon per shell)
Bananas, sliced into 1/2-inch thick rounds
Mini semisweet chocolate chips (I used 9-10 chips per fillo shell)
Chocolate syrup, optional

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Arrange the fillo shells on a baking sheet. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon of the cookie butter into the bottom of each shell. Top with a banana slice and then chocolate chips.
Bake for 15 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and use a wooden pick or the tip of a knife to smear the chocolate all over the top of the banana - leaving some chocolate chunks for fun. Serve warm or room temperature. Oh, and drizzle with chocolate syrup if you want too!
Makes as many cups as you want!

Comments