Easy Cold Brewed Coffee

So why did I decide to make my own iced coffee? First, because I spend WAY too much money getting the chilled drink from a coffee shop! And, second, because I saw a similar technique and thought, "I can totally do that!". So, full disclosure, I'm "sharing" this idea... it's not entirely my own. I believe that's how all the best recipes and techniques get around town.

Here's how to make your own cold brewed coffee...

Easy Cold Brewed Coffee 

Spoon about 3-4 tablespoons of your favorite ground coffee into the bottom of a mason jar. Like this:
Fill the mason jar with filtered water. Like this:
Pop the lid on, and refrigerate for 24 hours.
When you're ready to serve, fill a glass with ice and pour the coffee through a mesh liner (I pulled mine out of my coffee machine) over the ice. You can also use a paper coffee filter. Press into the coffee grinds with the back of a spoon to get every drop of coffee.
Enjoy the brew with your favorite coffee add-ins, such as cream, milk, sugar, caramel, chocolate syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, whatever!
Each mason jar yields about 2 cups of coffee over ice.

Comments