Sourdough Toasts with Pesto and Mozzarella

Yum! These cheesy toasts were meant to be a simple side dish for my Pasta Arrabbiata, but WOW, they almost stole the show! I think the secret was that I used high-quality ingredients. Just THREE ingredients, but they mattered. I used a fresh-baked loaf of sourdough that I found at my local market, then I topped the slices with refrigerated basil pesto (I like Buitoni) and good-quality mozzarella (freshly grated). When you use just a handful of ingredients, each one plays a major role. Enjoy!

Need more than 4 servings? This side dish is super simple, and great for serving a crowd. You can easily double and triple the recipe as needed.

Sourdough Toasts with Pesto and Mozzarella 

8 slices sourdough bread
1/3 cup basil pesto, preferably the refrigerated variety
1 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Arrange the bread slices on a large baking sheet. Spread the pesto on each slice of bread. Top with the cheese.
Bake for 5 to 8 minutes, until the cheese is golden and bubbly.
Serves 4



Comments