Cheesy Stuffed Mini Peppers

My son Luke loves snacking on those adorable mini peppers you find in the produce section. I often throw a bunch in his school lunch - they're easy, colorful and nutritious. And since I had a big bag, I decided to try something different - I wanted to create a quick appetizer, but I didn't want to slave over a recipe. Behold these taco-seasoned, cheesy pepper bites!

Here's what I did: I took Neufchatel cheese and added Mexican cheese blend and taco seasoning. That's it for the filling -  you seriously don't need anything else. Once I spooned the mixture into halved and seeded peppers, I sprinkled more cheese on top and popped the peppers in the oven. After just 5 minutes, they were perfect! How about that for an easy appetizer and/or side dish?

Consider these for your next party - indoors and out!

Cheesy Stuffed Mini Peppers

12 mini peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded (try to keep the stems intact for presentation)
8 ounces Neufchatel cheese, softened (you can also use cream cheese)
1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend, plus more for sprinkling over top
1 teaspoon taco seasoning, any brand/variety

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper (for easy clean up).
In a medium bowl, combine the Neufchatel cheese, 1/2 cup Mexican cheese blend and taco seasoning. Mix well. Spoon the mixture into the mini peppers, mounding up a little on top.
Arrange the peppers on the prepared pan and sprinkle with a little more cheese.
Bake for 5 to 7 minutes, until the cheese melts and the peppers just start to soften.
Serves 4

Comments