Chocolate Chip-Caramel Cookie Cups

I must admit, this is hardly a recipe. But here's how it evolved: I spent a long day in the dentist chair yesterday and didn't have time to create a dessert for myself and the boys. Let's face it, I deserved dessert, and I wanted it to be warm and comforting. I had frozen chocolate chip cookie dough (from a school sale) and a handful of caramels, so off to the oven I went. 

Muffin Pan Put to Good Use: To make the cups, you simply put the cookie dough in a muffin pan and press in a caramel. It's that easy. The pan and oven do the rest.

Frozen Dough Note: I used frozen cookie dough that was thawed slightly (I pulled the dough from the freezer while we ate dinner). This also works with refrigerated cookie dough - any variety.

Chocolate Chip-Caramel Cookie Cups

Here's what you need: 
Refrigerated or frozen cookie dough
Caramels

Here's how to do it: 
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Place the cookie dough (about 2 tablespoons per cookie cup) into the bottom a muffin pan (mine was ungreased and it was fine). Press the caramels into the center of each cookie.
Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until the cookies are golden brown and the caramel melts.
That's it! Enjoy!


Makes as many cookies as you want!

Comments