Oven-Baked Truffle Fries with Parmigiano Reggiano

How amazing are truffle fries? I mean, c'mon, they're addictive! But, we can't eat French fries every day. Well, we could, but we shouldn't.

I roast potatoes all the time so I thought I'd try truffle fries this time. The recipe couldn't be simpler: potatoes, oil, salt, pepper, cheese. And since we're using truffle oil, we can enjoy that amazing truffle flavor without the hefty price tag of fresh truffles.

Want the perfect fry cut? I hand-cut the spuds for this recipe, but feel free to use the attachment on your food processor if you want to save time. Funny thing is, I was too lazy to put the attachment in my food processor, but I bet I spent double the amount of time slicing...

And for the truffle oil: You should be able to pick up a bottle at your regular grocery store. If you can't find it, substitute another mushroom-infused oil, such as porcini oil.

Oven-Baked Truffle Fries with Parmigiano Reggiano

2 large Russet potatoes, peeled and cut into "fries"
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoons truffle oil
1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking pan (or two) with parchment paper or foil.
Place the potatoes in a large bowl, add the olive oil and toss to coat. Transfer the potatoes to the prepared pan(s), and spread them out in a single layer (no overlapping). Season with salt and pepper.
Roast for 20 minutes. Drizzle the truffle oil over top and roast for 5 to 10 more minutes, until golden brown and crisp.
Transfer the fries to a serving plate and sprinkle the Parmigiano Reggiano over top.

Serves 4




Comments