Chocolate-Peanut Butter Nests

Happy Spring! I love making these little nests for my boys and their friends every year. This time, I decided to add peanut butter to the chocolate and WOW. Hands down, this is the best batch to date.

Not a peanut butter fan? Use any nut butter you want. OR, I bet cookie butter would be amazing too...

Free Form Nests: If you want make the nests freeform, rather than placing them in muffin pans, simply place about 2 tablespoons of the mixture (for each nest) onto parchment or wax paper and use your fingers to create the nest shape. Chill until firm and then fill with candy eggs.

Chocolate-Peanut Butter Nests

24 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
12 ounces (1 bag) Chinese chow mein noodles
Mini candy eggs or jelly beans (this batch makes 48 nests, so plan accordingly!)

Melt the chocolate in a large bowl in the microwave, checking and stirring every 30 seconds. Stir in the peanut butter. Fold in the chow mein noodles.
Here's where things get messy!
Using your hands, place about 2 tablespoons of the mixture into the cups of mini muffin pans. You'll need 4 pans to make 48 nests. Chocolate will be everywhere. Take a picture of your hands and send it to me.
Use a small spoon to press into the center of each nest (you'll hear the crunching of the chow mein noodles).
Place mini eggs in the indentation - as many as you want!
Chill until firm, about 30 minutes.
Use a small knife to loosen the nests from the pans.

Makes 48 nests

Comments

  1. Robin, These look so fun. Excited to try them. I'll post when I do. Wish you coached cooking so I could learn like a pro. Have some of your cookbooks in my kitchen. Think I'll start reading again. Have a great weekend. Best Robyn @coffeechatgirl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! For some reason, it JUST came through today!

      Delete

Post a Comment