Almond Joy Bars

Almond Joy candy bars are one of my favorites. Chewy coconut, dark chocolate and the snap of almond. That got me thinking...

I make coconut macaroons a lot, so decided turn my cookies into the base of the bars. I quickly discovered that pressing the coconut mixture into an 8-inch square baking pan is MUCH easier than spooning out dozens of cookies! The only steps required after that is melting the chocolate and grabbing the almonds.

These came out great. I hope you try them if you like the Almond Joy as much as I do!

Almond Joy Bars

3 cups shredded coconut
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 large egg white
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used 1/2 semi-sweet and 1/2 dark chocolate chips)
1/4 cup whole, unsalted almonds

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, using 2 pieces to cover all sides.
In a large bowl, combine the coconut, condensed milk, egg white, and vanilla. Mix well. Press the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the top is golden brown. Cool completely.
Melt the chocolate in a the microwave, checking and stirring every 30 seconds.
pour the chocolate over the coconut mixture and spread out in an even layer. Sprinkle the almonds over top. Chill until firm, about 15 minutes.
Cut into bars and serve!

Makes 16 bars



Comments