Creamy Valentine's Day Mason Jar Desserts

OK, I'll admit it, this was a last minute dessert for the boys. One (almost full) carton of Cool Whip, 10 Oreos, whipped cream (Redi Whip) and food coloring. Hardly worthy of a blog, but maybe it'll inspire you to make something for your sweetheart!

Note: I debated adding a layer of chocolate pudding to the jars and, after I was finished assembling, I wished I did. If you want to, I would put the pudding layer over the bottom Oreo layer, then put the colored Cool Whip over top. 

Creamy Valentine's Day Mason Jar Desserts
You can easily double this recipe and fill 4 jars...

8 Oreos, plus extra for garnish
1 container Cool Whip
Red food coloring, liquid or gel
Whipped cream or Redi Whip

Crush 4 of the Oreo cookies and sprinkle them into the bottom of 2 mason jars. Color the Cool Whip with the red food coloring, mix well (or don't mix well and leave red swirls, that looks pretty too). Spoon the Cool Whip over the Oreos in the jar. 
Top with 4 more crushed Oreos. Top with whipped cream. Garnish with extra Oreos if desired. 

Makes 2 mason jar desserts

Comments