Tajin Roasted Carrots and Corn

Fresh carrots and corn, dusted with a sweet and salty, chili-lime seasoning and roasted until caramelized and crisp-tender. You're just three ingredients and 20 minutes away from this! 

So what's Tajin? Tajin Classico is a Mexican seasoning blend of chili peppers, sea salt and dehydrated lime juice. It's an all-purpose seasoning commonly used on fruits and vegetables, among other things. The funniest thing about it? On the bottle it says, "This is not a candy". Ha! I never thought it was! Especially since I found it next to the refried beans. 

I asked one of my Mexican friends what her favorite use is and she said she sprinkles it on watermelon. I totally get it: it adds a distinct chili-lime flavor and the salt is probably excellent on sweet watermelon. 


That said, I wanted to try it on sweet carrots and corn. I served the roasted concoction as a side dish for dinner last night and Luke said, "Make this all the time". I take that as a "yes". It's a keeper. 


Note: I found Tajin in the international ingredient section of my grocery store, but I've also see it at Target.


Tajin Roasted Carrots and Corn


4 large carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon Tajin Classico, or more to taste
1/2 cup frozen corn, keep frozen until ready to use

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. 

In a bowl, combine the carrots, oil and Tajin. Mix well to coat the carrots evenly. Transfer the carrots to a baking dish and cover with foil. Bake for 10 minutes. 
Remove the foil, stir in the corn and cook for 5 to 10 more minutes (uncovered), until the vegetables are golden. 
Serves 4


Comments