Peanut Butter-Chocolate Waffles

Why peanut butter-chocolate waffles? Because I was shopping at Target and came across PB2, a peanut butter powder that has 85% less fat and calories than regular peanut butter. I was intrigued, so I bought the regular and chocolate versions! Then, I thought, "What should I do with it?!". It was the weekend, we needed breakfast, and waffles came to mind! 

Trust me, these are incredible. There's just enough peanut butter flavor without dominating the waffles. I also added mini semi-sweet chocolate chips because my boys adore them (who wouldn't?). And, since I made the waffle batter from scratch, I was able to eliminate the fat (I didn't add oil or butter), and I replaced granulated sugar with coconut sugar because it has a lower glycemic index. 

I mean, if you're going to make healthy waffles, you might as well go all out, right? Healthy or not, you will adore these! 

Peanut Butter-Chocolate Waffles
Note: This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled... 

Cooking spray
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons peanut butter powder (regular or chocolate) or peanut butter
2 tablespoons coconut sugar or regular sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons mini semi-sweet chocolate chips


Preheat a waffle iron and coat with cooking spray. 
In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients but the chocolate chips and whisk until blended. 
Spoon the batter onto the waffle iron, close the lid and cook until steam starts to escape from the sides. Transfer the waffles to a serving plate and top with chocolate chips. 

Serves 2-3




Comments

Post a Comment