One Bite Chicken Tacos!

Crisp white corn tortillas, seasoned and stuffed with shredded chicken, salsa and cheese. ONE BITE wonders, shaped and baked on the BOTTOM of your muffin pan! 

I made these as an after school snack for my boys. I made 21 of them, and there wasn't ONE crumb left. The funny thing is, they RAVED about them, as if they were something incredibly fancy or complicated. Kyle said, "I could eat 100 of these". Next time I'll make 100.

To make the little taco shells, I used my 3-inch biscuit cutter to cut circles from corn tortillas. Then, I nestled the circles in the spaces of my upside-down mini muffin pan. A regular muffin pan works too - but mine is at a friend's (I brought treats to their house...). I sprayed the tortillas with cooking spray and sprinkled them with taco seasoning before baking them. Then, I filled them with shredded chicken (I cooked 1 breast at 400 degrees for 25 minutes and then shredded it -- rotisserie chicken would work great too), salsa and cheddar cheese. Back in the oven for 5 minutes (just to melt the cheese) and they were ready.


I served these as an after school snack, but they would be great for dinner or a party appetizer too. You can easily double or triple the recipe.

One Bite Chicken Tacos


10 corn tortillas
Cooking spray, I used the olive oil variety
Taco seasoning packet (you just need about 1 teaspoon, save the rest for taco night)
1 cup shredded cooked chicken
Salsa
Shredded cheddar cheese (about 1/2 cup)

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

Using a small, round biscuit cutter, cut circles out of the corn tortillas. I was able to get 2 circles from each tortilla. Reserve the scraps for another use (like toast them up and sprinkle them over chili).
Place the circles in the spaces between an upside-down muffin pan. Like this:
Spray the tortillas with cooking spray and season with the taco seasoning. It will look like this:
Bake for 6 to 8 minutes, until golden brown.
Fill the shells with the chicken, salsa and cheese (keep the shells in the pan). It will look like this:
Bake for 5 minutes, just to melt the cheese.
Makes about 20 mini tacos

Comments