Fresh Lime Pie with Vanilla Cookie Crust

This is the perfect pie for summer! My grandmother made a similar version every summer - with fresh key limes from her backyard in the Florida Keys. But you don't need key limes; in fact, I've made the same pie with limes, lemons and oranges. 

I know what you're wondering, "Why did you use non-dairy whipped topping?!" Because that's the way my grandmother made it. She used a classic recipe from the 50's, so I changed very little for nostalgia. Seriously, you will love the simplicity and burst of fresh flavor straight from the icebox. 

Fresh Lime Pie with Vanilla Cookie Crust

8-ounce tub frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed according to package directions
14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons finely grated lime zest
9-inch prepared vanilla cookie crust

Whisk together the non-dairy whipped topping, condensed milk, lime juice, and lime zest until well blended. Spoon the mixture into the prepared crust and freeze until firm.

Serves 8




Comments

  1. I've made this a number of times with just a graham cracker crust and it is always a crowd favorite. If I take it to a party - it's the first dessert to go!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment