Dried Apricots with Creamy Apricot Filling and Crunchy Walnuts

My boys adore dried apricots, so I always have them on hand. But today, I was thinking, "What can I do with dried apricots beyond packing them in lunchboxes or bringing them on long trips?" And then it hit me - fill the dried fruit with a creamy, apricot-spiked yogurt and top with crunchy walnuts. Creamy, chewy and crunchy, all in one delectable bite. To turn this from a one-bite treat, to more of a dessert, use fresh or canned apricot halves instead of dried apricots.

Dried Apricots with Creamy Apricot Filling and Crunchy Walnuts

3/4 cup Greek yogurt
1/4 cup apricot preserves
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
16 dried apricots
16 walnuts

Combine the yogurt, preserves and vanilla in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the yogurt mixture into each apricot and top with walnuts.

Makes 16 stuffed apricots




Photo: Apolonia





Comments