Egg Sushi for Sore Teeth

We're already on day 4 of the new braces and my boys are still having trouble chewing. When I talked to my mom yesterday, she said "I remember those days with you, did you try scrambled eggs? Spaghettios?". Yes I did. And, instant macaroni and cheese, instant oatmeal, pudding, and Jello. There's more food coloring in my refrigerator than the Jelly Belly factory.

Kyle's a bit bitter today, but Luke has a HUGE device in his mouth that will clearly take more time to get used to. I'm trying to get creative, and I discovered this awesome idea for sushi with cooked eggs and rice. I'm not sure how the nori will feel in Luke's mouth, but I suppose he can skip it if it hurts. Or gets stuck, which would be worse.

If you want to try this at home, make sure to use Japanese sticky rice and follow the package directions so it's truly sticky. You can also add a layer between the rice and egg (ketchup comes to mind for my kids).

I'll keep you posted and when you see me posting hard and crunchy foods, you'll know we're over the hurdle!




rakratchada torsap2

Comments