Great Story, Even Better Sauce!

So my sister-in-law just introduced me to a friend... this friend has a great Uncle, named Louie. In 1929, Uncle Louie was playing poker in New Orleans when he had the luck of holding a "kings over full house". The hand won the game, but one of the other players, a famous New Orleans chef, couldn't cover his wager. Instead of cash, that chef offered the recipe for his famous BBQ sauce. Uncle Louie took the recipe. Thank goodness he did because every year thereafter, Uncle Louie created the magical blend and served it during the holidays. He also gave bottles of the zesty, finger-licking concoction as gifts. Three generations later, the family business is thriving - with a revamped recipe that's natural and healthy. Truth be told, the sauce is too dang good to be served one time a year. Let me count the ways I plan to use it: as a finishing sauce for Salisbury steak, a marinade for shrimp, drizzled over London broil and pulled pork sandwiches, tossed with shredded beef brisket, basted on grilled and roasted chicken, pork, turkey tenderloin, burgers, vegetables, and fish... the list goes on. If you want to lick your chops (I swear I was pouring the sauce on my fingers just to lick it off), check them out at Uncle Louie Foods. You're welcome. :-)

Comments