Avocado and Oranges with Shrimp...


Since my Robin's Rescue blog for Brisket Sliders posted on AZ Central today, I decided to add a side dish/appetizer to go with it. Especially for those of you planning to make the sliders for this week's football frenzy! I've noticed the oranges have made their grand entrance into the markets and the avocados have been spectacular lately The great news is, the two partner incredibly well! Top both with shrimp and a drizzle of garlicky sour cream and the result is a refreshing, unique side dish your friends and family will go berserk for! Here's how to do it:

Orange and Avocado Salad with Shrimp and Garlic Sour Cream

2 oranges, peeled and sectioned
2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
1 pound cooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 lemon
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon finely grated fresh garlic
Salt and white pepper
Optional garnishes:
Fresh mint
Fresh dill
Lettuce

Arrange the orange sections and avocado slices on a plate. Place the shrimp on top. Squeeze over the juice of the lemon. In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream and garlic.Season to taste with salt and white pepper. Drizzle the mixture over the prepared salad. Serve.

Serves 4



FreeDigitalPhotos.net, Apolonia

Comments

  1. I did read your recipe for brisket sliders and sounds good but better if you smoke brisket. My hubby takes on that task for me.:) As for pairing brisket with the above....i just don't know. The avocado orange & shrimp recipe sounds too elegant for sliders. I'll have to mentally chew this over. God bless! I've enjoyed watching you on FN and happy you reside in AZ like me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment