Seared Chicken and Fingerlings with Maple Glaze




I'm writing a story for Spry Living on the health benefits of honey. I'm having a blast, learning a lot, and can't wait to share the feature with you when it's finished. But today, as I was reaching into my cabinet for the honey, I passed over my maple syrup. I love maple syrup, and felt a little guilty that I was neglecting one of my favorite ingredients in both sweet and savory dishes. So, in honor of maple syrup (the real, 100% stuff), here's a recipe for chicken, fingerling potatoes and zucchini in a maple-thyme infused broth. It's a one-pot dish that's super simple and perfect for a busy Tuesday night. This should tide you over until my honey feature is a wrap. 


Seared Chicken, Finglerling Potatoes and Zucchini with Maple Glaze

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup chopped yellow onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
8 fingerling potatoes, quartered lengthwise
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
3 tablespoons 100% maple syrup
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 medium zucchini, chopped
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley

Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook 2 minutes, until soft. Add the chicken and cook 3 to 5 minutes, until golden brown on all sides. Add the thyme, salt and pepper and cook 1 minute, until the thyme is fragrant.  Add the potatoes, broth, syrup, and Dijon mustard and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium, partially cover and simmer for 10 minutes, until the potatoes are fork-tender. Add zucchini and cook 1 minute, until crisp-tender. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the parsley.

Serves 4


FreeDigitalPhotos.net, digitalart

Comments