Pretty as a Peach




I found the MOST beautiful peaches at the Farmer's Market yesterday so I thought I'd share my fabulous recipe for Arugula Salad with Peaches, Blue Cheese and Almonds! Since arugula is mildly peppery, I love to partner it with sweet peaches and salty blue cheese. The nutty almonds add an extra layer of flavor and crunch. I like to use Gorgonzola, but any blue cheese variety will work.

Arugula Salad with Peaches, Blue Cheese and Almonds

4 cups fresh arugula
2 ripe peaches, pitted and diced
1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
2 teaspoons honey mustard
Pinch black pepper
2 tablespoons slivered almonds, lightly toasted

Combine the arugula, peaches and blue cheese in a large bowl and set aside. 
Whisk together the oil. vinegar, mustard, and pepper. Add the mixture to the arugula mixture and toss to combine. Transfer the salad to a serving platter and top with the almonds. 


Serves 4



Photo: FreeDigitalPhotos.net, porbital

Comments