Lovin' my Latte (Iced)

Check out this uber cool iced coffee brewer! I received a "sample" to test and I'll tell you what, my day started off a whole lot better! The Primula® Cold Brew Glass Carafe System is a brewing system where you add coffee to the "Cold Brew Core" (pictured in the middle), insert the core into the carafe, add water to cover the coffee, and then refrigerate for at least 12 hours. Once the coffee is brewed, you used that funky-looking Flavor Mixer (on the right) to incorporate the coffee's natural oils into the liquid. So simple, yet genius.

Why make coffee the night before? According to Primula, cold brewing extracts the sweet flavor of coffee and leaves the acidic taste behind. In fact, they claim that cold brewed coffee is 65% less acidic than traditional hot brewed java. And guess what, I can attest to that! I often brew an extra pot of coffee to keep on hand for iced drinks when I'm craving one. I'm clearly no barista, and the usual result is highly acidic brew that needs loads of cream and sugar to make it palatable! 

Just wanted to share my new find... Now I'm off for another icy one...

Comments