Happy Friday!



Happy Friday! Heading to Vail tomorrow so I'm cleaning out the fridge. Sorry boys for the "leftover lunch" today. Although, when I was a kid, peanut butter and jelly was a staple and I liked it "or not". I'll be sure to send pictures of the post-ski grub (tried to type apres with the little line-thingy above the e but it didn't work - hence "post"). I love this annual ski trip, but truth be told, I often wonder why we don't go somewhere relaxing? I mean, hasn't work and school taxed us enough?

On the flip side, the one thing I've noticed about skiing - you absolutely need to pay attention when you're cruising down the mountain (greens and blues in my world, no black diamonds): YOU MUST PAY ATTENTION. That means, no thinking about the recipe you need to write and test, the cookbook idea you're pitching your publisher, the TV show you're hoping to land with Food Network, packing lunch for the boys, folding the laundry before it gets wrinkled in the dryer, unloading the dishwasher, you're in-laws visiting. NONE of that can enter your mind or you'll end up on your tush (and lucky if that's how you land).

All those things have been on my mind this week, so I welcome the break. On a cold, snowy mountain.

Happy Spring friends. 

Comments